What do I do if I am concerned about the progress my child is making?


Who can I contact at school if I have concerns about my child’s development?

If you have concerns about your child then you can talk to your child’s Class Teacher, Mrs Bladon (SENCo), Mr Hetherington (Executive Head teacher) or Mrs O’Rafferty (Head of School).  When you talk to an adult at school they will complete an initial concerns form and this will be dated and given to the SENCo.

If you wish to speak to Mrs Bladon please contact the school office or send an email to senco@bishoplonsdale.derby.sch.uk

Mrs Bladon will aim to contact you back within 48 hours.


After I have spoken to a member of staff at school about my concerns what will happen next?

See below the identification process.




Files to Download

Contact the School

Bishop Lonsdale Primary School

186 St Alban's Road
DE22 3HH

For Safeguarding concerns please e-mail safeguarding@bishoplonsdale.derby.sch.uk

Main Contact: Mrs C O'Rafferty (Head of School)

Tel: 01332344795

SEN Contact: Mrs C Bladon (Inclusion Manager)

SEN Email: senco@bishoplonsdale.derby.sch.uk